Dear Mother,

My Dearest,

Gone are the days when we would lie in on a Saturday morning
Watching the Cadbury's breakfast show,
We would catch up on the week gone past,
The troubles I'd been through at school,
The trials you'd been through with securing that contract,
I didn't think I'd miss those days.

Gone are the days when you would dig out your whip,
Beat the advice into me,
That was the only way you knew how,
That was the way you had been 'advised'
That, has inevitably shaped my person today.

Gone are the days when we would cook the last bag of meat,
And pray to God that the pot wouldn't be empty before it got refilled.
It was just you and I.
The older ones were out of the country, fending for themselves.
You wouldn't let me leave with them.
I was your companion.
The only companion.

Gone are the days when we would not talk
Either because I had been naughty or...well usually it was only because of that.
You warned me, that come the time, I would be alone.
The time is now and I wish I heeded those words,
I heard them but I didn't listen.
I was probably too young to realise.

Gone are the days I would wish I didn't have to go home from school
I found my haven at school, My solace.
I would stall leaving school for home everyday,
Just so I didn't have to do those dishes or fill up the house with water.
But now I still do them, but I do them with pride because I know you taught me well.

Gone are the days when we would plan my future, our future.
The future is here now, but not the way we planned it.
It has been good, but it could be better.
Still, I am proud.
And though the days are gone,
I have the pleasure of re-living them,
One day at a time,
And I've started, by wearing those waist beads.

Yours lovingly.
NaijaBabe,
A. O. S. D.





Inspired by many bloggers.
More letters to come!

37 Cogitations:

Chari said...

Wait a minit would I happen to be first?

Yehehehehe...*does the doowop*

ok now seriously to your post...wow...what can I say...ur words brought me close to tears...ur makin me wana appreciate ma mother a lil mo despite ha flaws and al...keep it coming love...

Lady said...

CHARICAHRI...MAKE ME AND U NO FIGHT OOO!!!!!! U DO NOT..i repeat.. DO NOT COMENT ON "MY" NAIJA BABE'S LETTERS B4 MS.COCOA DOES DA KOKO(did i just say dat? lol)....AHHHHHHH MI CHERIE AMORE..MI NAIJA BABE...THIS IS TOO BEAUTIFUL...I USED TO WAKE UP TOO TO WATCH CADBURY BREAKFAST TELEVISION..DAYMNNNNN THOSE WERE DA DAYS..I THINK IT USED TO START AS EARLY AS 6AM..MA BIG BRO WILL COME AND WAKE ME UP...HE USUALLY USED TO BE UP BY 4 AM....DRINKING CORNFLAKES AND PLAYING NINTENDO......those were da dayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I WANNA CRY NOW!!!!! I MISS BEING NAAIVE AND INNNOCENT..WHEN LIFE WAS NON EXSISTENT......YOU JUST LIVED EACH DAY..NO PLANNING AHEAD.....NO WORRIES FOR DA TOMORROWS......
i know this is a letter to ur mama..but you just took me to another place in time..and for this..i say...*THANK YOU*
P.S:*LEANS IN FOR A HUGE ND ONE BIG CRIMSON KISS ON DA LIPS*

Lady said...

mi cherie amore..post dey come tonight ooo...so make sure u r first unless..i go vexxx ooo....
p.s: dondiva86@yahoo.co.uk.....I FEEL HAPPY OOOOO....WE HAVE PROGRESSED..OUR RELATIONSHIP HAS GONE TO THE NEXT LEVEL..AFTER THIS...ITS TO MEET THE PARENTS THAT IS LEFT...
P.S: I HOPE THE ELDERS FROM UR VILLAGE WILL ACCEPT MY 2 BAGS OF RICE..1 GOAT AND 5 KOLANUTS...i try small abi???all for u oooo...xoxo

Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

how are you

i hope you enjoy every minute of your beautiful life.

you are fantastic!!!

a kiss for you, my dear friend!

god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?

bye
take care
god bless you dear

Chari said...

Ah Madam Koko...ma pele o...

wait a sec I tot Naijababe was a uhm..babe how far with the marriage proposal stuvz?

U berrastop it...otherwise me I go vex...ehen u wan waste fine babe on being a dyke...

Anonymous said...

awwww!i like this post

NaijaScorpio said...

How sweet.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ayyy yahh that was sweet!

Mothers are simply the best aren't they? The things they do for us children sha,kia! Some of us really underestimate their value but I am glad you dont!

mizchif said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeet, really sweet! Been meaning to write something for my mum, guess this is d ginger i need, so watch out!

flabby said...

mehn..blog peeps can like to write letters o!!lol..shey ur gud sha?xx

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful.

Afrobabe said...

Awwwwwwwwww whats with bloggers putting up mushy posts this week...that was really cool babes...

you back in london yet???

Lady said...

CHARI CHARI...U BETTA VEXX O..THIS NAIJA BABE HERE..BE MY OWN..GO AND FIND YOUR OWN NAIJA BABE ABEG!!!!!!!! let me enjoy my own.
p.s: mi cherie amore...i must jam u at msgner tonigt ooo...there is gist for ur eyes..lol lurrrrrveeessssssssss

Tinu said...

na wa for u ohhh...tryin to make this hard babe cry!!

sweet post!!!

awww i miss u to!!!

been on lock down with my work!!!

sha sha...how u dey??

Afrobabe said...

Who are this people fighting over you???

Have you not told them I was/am your vals date???

Better tell them let them stop wasting their time!!!

Welcome back, enjoying London??? Not as cold as when you left...

Where are the yankee pictures??

Afrobabe said...

Tot u traveled to america for the holidays...

so where are u back from????

Afrobabe said...

More like....too many naija babe names....

yes oh, its still coming back jare...

Chari said...

cocoa gbogbo iyen o le sise o...se u kno wme am here u r dere I will call baba Arulogun to deal ruthlessly with u...

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Lovely...

Lady said...

CHARI CHARI.....I SHALL TAKE YOUR NAME TO THE MOUNTAIN TOP....LET THEM SEE WOT THEY CAN DO FOR LADY KOKO!!!!!!
mi cherie amore is there summin going on btw u and AFRO BABE??????????? if there is..just let me tell you...SHE IS CHEATING ON YOU OOOOOOOO.....SO IF U KNU WOT IS GOOD...U WILL HANG ON TO URS FAITHFULLY, LADY KOKO!!!!!!!
P.S: I'VE MISSED YOU DARL...EVERYTIME I CHECKK ONLINE..U JUST STEPPED OUT..NAWA FOR U OOO....i hope u dint step out to anyone's house....cos me m a jealous lover ooo
BTW CHARIZARD..WHETHER I DO BOYS OR DO GIRLS..OR DO ANIMALS EVEN..Y SHUD THAT BE ANYONE'S BUSINESS...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

If I may say, this was quite touching.

BTW, I am loving your player. Fela is someone I can listen to all day, any day and at this moment, my three kids The Enforcer, The King and Officer Bomboy are dancing like Baba is performing just for them in their home. Thanks for that!

Lady said...

MI CHERIE AMORE..AHHHH..AM SOO SORRY..I DINT ACTUALLY THINK U WUD TRN UP NAWW..AFTER UR NO SHO YDAY..I DINT PLAN TO JAM ANOTHA PARTY IT JUST CAME UP....HOPEFULLY WE WILL MEET TOMORO..GOSH ITS ALREADY MORNINIG WELL STILL DARK OUTSIDE BUT NONE THE LESS.....
P.S: I HVE MISSED U SHA!!!!!!!!!!!!CALL ME YEA!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOX

Afrobabe said...

Miss Koko is trying to snatch my friend ohhhhhhhhhh

Chari said...

Koko it is my business o...Only I can do you nice and tyt the way you like it...*winks* u know the P na...

Chari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naija Idol said...

awww. so sweet. i really love and appreciate my mum even more when i see posts like this.nice one.

Lady said...

AFROBABE OOOO...THIS NAIjA BABE HERE..NEEDS ATTENTION AND CARE....since yo neglected her...i had to take ur place nawww


CHARIZARD: HMMMMM CHARI CHARI....my eyes are closed and lets just say...*am thinking bout you* *wink*

new girl said...

i am speechless....... thanks for reminding me how great my mum is

mizchif said...

babes, i'm seriously feeling this ur baba70 playlist. pls hook a sister up, me too i want playlist on mypage. pls now!

QMoney said...

Awwwwwwwwww,dis is niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

Black Man Comes said...

you sure got me laughing this wonderful morning. i feel much better. will do as u say. just give me a minute.

Lady said...

MI CHERI AMORE..YOU'VE INSPIRED ME TO WRITE A LETTER TO....GO READ BEYBEY...XOXO

AJIKE said...

ladykoko and char..u guys are always at each other's throats..hanhanhan!......tom and jerry!..lol

naijababe...lovely posts
very touching hun!

shhhh said...

very moving post. i love my mother to bits. nice lips by the way.......

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, kate spade outlet online, chanel handbags, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, red bottom shoes, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store

oakleyses said...

moncler, timberland shoes, hollister, louis vuitton canada, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, louboutin, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, nike air max, converse, baseball bats, canada goose pas cher, ugg, canada goose, canada goose uk, moncler, supra shoes, ray ban, oakley, pandora jewelry, moncler, replica watches, links of london uk, hollister canada, hollister clothing, iphone 6 case, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose, parajumpers outlet, lancel, gucci, ralph lauren, swarovski uk, montre femme, pandora uk, air max, converse shoes, swarovski jewelry, karen millen, moncler, vans, uggs canada, moncler outlet, coach outlet, wedding dress, moncler