Indecent Exposures II

Blogsville...

So I was having a shower the other day and my 8 year old nephew strolled into the bathroom. Boy, was I furious, but I didnt really scold him for some reason cos his mother has a shower with the door WIDE open, so I thought, no biggie.

But I was still pissed cos I felt that I had just exposed myself to a little boy. Selfishly of me, I was only worried about myself and not what was going on in the poor boy's head.

This got me thinking about what went through my head when I was almost eight. I think I already knew seeing naked people was a bit of errr......a not so cool thing at that age and this took me back to another incident that occurred after the other indecent exposure. I think it was about a year after or there abouts. I lived in a house that had 4 flats in it and we lived in the bottom flat whilst another family lived in the other bottom flat. The family was quite small. An old man, say probably about 50/6o with his young wife who had a kid, not the old man's though.

I was hardly ever outside of our flat, but that afternoon, I think I was probably seated by the back door which went through the kitchen, engrossed in one of my dictionaries or a newspaper that I'd been forced to read and had to re-tell whatever it is I'd read in it to my mother. The kitchen door to the other flat was right next to ours too. The old man came in from wherever he'd been out to, I greeted him and he went into his flat. A few minutes later, he came up to me and said he wanted to send me some where.

Here I should tell you the story behind living in my mother's house. Basically, I only stepped out of my house when I had to go to school or follow an adult somewhere. Plus, my street in Surulere, at that time, didn't have any abokis that sold things in front of the houses that were there. So my street was bare. If you needed anything, it had to be bought from the supermarket that was on the next street or from another aboki that turned out to be on that street too, but across the road. Thinking about it now, it was as though all those abokis had planned not to deface the street with their little kiosks.

Unfortunately for him, I don't think he knew that going to either of those two places required that I either went with an adult or I had to cross the road (of which I could only do with an adult anyway).

So I said to him that I couldnt go. He asked me why and I said (erm duhh) I cannot go out on my own or cross the road, but I can get Kemi ( the help) to go for you. He said fine. I called on Kemi and told her that the old man wanted her to get something for him. She didnt find it funny, but I didnt ask why.

She got back, called him from the window of his living room to collect his robb and he told her to bring it in, that the door was open. She opened the kitchen door, placed the robb on the worktop and called out to him that she'd left it there, and that she needed to do something for my mum quickly. I wondered what rubbish she was talking, because my mother wasn't even home. Again, I let it slide.

A few minutes afterwards, he called my name and asked me to please come in and help him with something that he muttered under his breath. I went in through the kitchen, down to the living room. I said to him that I was there, then he told me to come into the bedroom. I opened the door, and what did I see. An ape looking figure lying on the bed. It was the old man. Ask me why he was ape looking?

Cos he was naked and HAIRY. Shet, I don't know if it was the nakedness that scared the shit out of me or the fact that the hair made him look so much like a monkey. I was lost for words as I ran out the way I'd come in from. I went into my house and locked the door. When I mean locked, I mean naija style lock, where theres the key lock, then the padlocks and then the bolts on the door too. I bumped into Kemi as I was running to my room, but didn't say a word to her.

When my mom got home, I remember she got into a shouting match with the old man, and I was scared because even though I didnt mention the whole thing to anyone, I thought my mother knew. But then it turned out that he was the reason we had to change helps every so often and Kemi had been the only one that had the courage to tell my mother he had tried to get with her. All these I learnt years after, when we had moved out of the flat.

Then, I thought O.M.G
Now I'm thinking, but W.T.F

Till this day, I never said a word to anyone and it makes me wonder that if this happened to a lot of children out there, parents would never know the things that happen to their child. Or, was it just me that turned out to be a mute child and not tell anyone?

Either way, I fear o!

41 Cogitations:

NaijaScorpio said...

Wow! I'm so glad nothing worse happened to u. The dude seems like a pervert. Eww..

O'Dee said...

Babe! am glad some form of fear gripped u & u ran out. That dirty old man might have had his way with you.
10k God, 10k God.

Hope u r good?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Mehn, I am trying to remember what i wante dto write, ITT is ringing in my head. You know I love listening tour Fela collection, shebi?

Okay, let me focus...

Yes, perverts come in ape clothing, don't they? My mom's friend had a driver and once we all drove to Lome. At the hotel, the guy called us (my mom's friend's daughter and I) to his room. Do you know he was Buck naked!!!! I don't think I ever told my mom, but I do know I flew from there sha. He got fired soon though.

All that long tori to say that I have informed my 4 year old daughter that if ANYONE touches her poompoom or touches her brothers' peepees, she is to immediately tell me. I hammer it into their brains even though they are babies, because I want to make sure they help me keep them safe from the pervs out there.

Thanks for this post, it reminds me that it is time to have the poompoom/peepee talk again. =)

Jay said...

Dirty old man....so glad u bolted away...BIG PERV.

mizchif said...

Babe, so u lived in 'lere. Hmmmm! Interesting. Na wa for the freaky aboki o! No kain rubbish wey person no go see. Pschewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Chari said...

wow...geez I'd hate to think what wouldav hapnd...Thank God nothing hapnd sha..I 4 don become murderer....;)

Afrobabe said...

Yeah…It definitely happens to a lot of kids, some don’t talk cos they have been threatened, some..out of fear of being accused of lying or worse of encouraging the advances…

Lmao @ them naija style locks…funny how robbers still get in…you forgot the first net dorr for mosquitoes with its own bolt!!!

ShadeCrown said...

wow.. damn.. thank God oh, nasty old man.

Duchess said...

ape-looking old man...thank God you ran out o.

what if mumsie didnt think he could do that...the man could have come back threathing you(in his gruffly voice:come to my room, touch this, i touch that, n dont tell anybodi).so always tell next time(lol).

Buttercup said...

shit....wow..thank God nothin happened to u...ugh..*shudders*

Flourishing Florida said...

chikena God! dat man is sick!

Anonymous said...

thank God d guy didnt try to do anything to you

Aphrodite said...

My dear, it's not only you.
Lots of kids are exposed to stupid old fools like that man everyday.

ha...i remember papa A too...long story...

D@AC said...

kai! girl thank gOD FOR YOU FEAR! as in if u werent so scares lord knows he might ave tried it with u. wow... sadly im sure some unfortunates kinds ave gone tru it..sigh...pple suck sometimes i guess

Thirty + said...

Yuck yikes mad people.

QMoney said...

Hmmmmm,dis sounds so stranegly familiar!!
We had dis silly househelp(wen i was less than 10) dat told me to come and touch his "thing" and i did,he now asked to touch mine so i ran away and went to tell my mum,she told my dad and d man brought out a cutlass,believe it or not,d guy denied me flat!!!!!!i never forgot dat incident!!

Tininu said...

LOL..i could just imagine you running around into ur flat and locking everything...but dont worry about your nephew, he was probably like, wow aunty has a mad body!! if only i was a couple of years older...okay i know i am being sick here

but thank god nothing happened to you and you decided not to rub the old man

wellsbaba said...

omo ur so lucky ooo,some shameless old fools would have locked d door behind d little girl...so many girls've been slept with when they were so lil they would even find it hard2remember when they grow up!

emmalolu said...

omo u wont beleive the amnt of people out there who have had similar encounters with old men who want to play with there piano and just like u never tell neone....so many wierdos out there mehn...thank God he didnt try nething sha...thanks for the comment:)

Unknown said...

waow
Glad u got away
I can relate to this post
I know of many girls that have been abused sexually by neighbors.
I was just having this discussion with an aunt some days ago...telling her that 9ja parents need to relate with their children in a way that their kids can tell them anything.

If the man had his way
u wouldn't be able to tell mummy or anyone anything... thank God u got away...

Rebirth said...

serious pervert........ wonder how many people he has lured into his room.......

Original Mgbeke said...

Ewww all these perverts. Tufia! Thank God he didn't touch you...

mizchif said...

BAbe bout where in lere, if i put my add here, we just mite find dat we were neighbours or sumn. lol!

tankojjetty said...

Thanks for dropping in...
u dont have email so i'm sorry i have to write here...

thanks for sharing your thoughts

i have a section called "conversations with a babe"
and with your vast experience in love,life,dating and relationships...you'll do
i would like you to contribute in it...
you could check samples on my blog
tell me what you think

NoLimit said...

Gosh that is just wrong on every level!
no child should be made to go through that...bloody ape of a man!
Hmmn which reminds me of what happened a while back...I'll blog about it soon...

Femi B said...

it happens oh all the time, especially to young boys and househelps.Almost all the guys i know had their first encounter with a house help at a very tender age. Wonder if they have laws to protect young boys and girls from such pedophiles.

bumight said...

u were a sharp child! good for u!

Mz. Dee said...

Dang!!!
I'm rily glad nuffin happened to u!
Lots of girls dont say anythin and their abusers eventualy get away with it.
Glad u had the sense to run out!

NaijaBabe said...

I thank God too that nothing happend, altho he did leave me a horrid view of the male anatomy and thats pretty traumatising!

everyone seems to be saying the same thing..i guess we all need to create that bond so that our children can talk to us.

Miz Arkitect said...

Sick old man.. thank God u blogging about it this way, and not another. he is really sick

LG said...

Thank God, nothing bad happened o, dirty OLD man,
his nor get wife?????????? oloshi!!

muaah for stopping by, i xpect more visits sha, loll

cheers

Enigma said...

Really and truly it happens and has happened to alot of people..whlie they were kids but of course they never spoke about it.. i know of uncles and *daddy's friends* that abused their nieces and friend's daughter and its always followed by threats!

its a disturbed world we live in!

lol, i could imagine your shock at seeing a naked/shriveled *ape*!!

Lady said...

JUST LIKE ENIGMA SED...BABE..HMMM...THIS IS A SENSITIVE ISSUE FOR ME OOO...BECAUSE DAMNNN!!!!!!!I HAVE HAD MORE THAN MY OWN FAIR SHARE...FROM HOUSE BOYS TO DAD'S BESTFRIEND...TO NEIGHBOURS...TO UNCLE'S FRIEND.....TO......the list goes on.;....that is y i believe am gonna be soo protective of my kids interacting with adults....BECAUSE REALLY AND TRUELY ..IT IS A SCARY WOLRD OUT THERE FOR A CHILD!!!!!! probably part of the reason why am still a virgin!
p.s: DONT WORRY AM NOT IN TEARS...I SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!!XOXO

Anonymous said...

That's awful! Good for Kemi for speaking up. I'm glad you escaped any awfulness...yuck!

naijaleta said...

Believe it or not peadophillia (hope I got the spelling right) is very common in Nigeria but it is hardly reported due largely to the fact that the authorities wont do anything about it. If what happened to you happened to a young girl in England and she went to report, kia that man's name has entered the sex offender's register. Meanwhile, I have updated. Go and read what I wrote about you. hehehehe (Wicked laughter)

Aijay said...

Lol @ the way u got everywhere locked up.
I'm so glad the pervert didn't have his way.

@Solomonsydelle, thats a good one.
May God give us the wisdom to protect our kids from such sick people.

Anonymous said...

thank goodness u had the courage to run.

so many things happen that we cant tell our parents. Naija parents really need to learn who to better relate with the children so their children will be able to talk to them. I still can't tell my parents a lot of things that happen to me.

tinted UNtrue said...

lol! i think u were the mute child hehehehehe just trying to get the humour out of this pele dear!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Ewwww at the perv in apes clothing! So glad you had the smarts to run away and lock up 9ja style!

Elle Woods said...

Wow...thank God nothing worse happened!!
Naija is full of perverted ppl. Its so easy to blame western culture for "corruption" but fact is theyr are just as sick over there.
Shaking my head!!!

oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, herve leger, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, ugg soldes, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, nike trainers, celine handbags, ghd, birkin bag, asics shoes, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, roshe run, rolex watches, ugg boots, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, ugg outlet