Today.

Today has been a day that I'm still yet to figure out.

Or maybe it all started from yesterday when I got the hints...hints that today might be what it is or get the revelation.

Today has been the day I have been called all sorts. Different names, I fear which is really mine. Am I so different that people see me in totally different lights. Would that be a good thing or a bad thing.

I have been called all sorts, but I have never been called all sorts in one day by all sorts.

I am patient, I am quiet. I can't remember the day I shouted at anyone, maybe because I don't remember doing so. Maybe because I never say anything.

Today I was a snob (Big deal)

Today I was more or less a child (Too young to be conversed with like an adult) At 21 I beg to ask what age I am an adult? (I didn't take it to heart if you think I did, It just made me wonder, thats all or maybe I just misconstrued it all...I apologise)

Today I was called a moaner (Yes I was in a mood, so big fucking deal, deal with it. I didn't take it out on you, I just said I didn't have the time to kneel at your crusty feet and wash them with my hands.)

Today I was called useless (Because I forgot to .... now I dont even remember what I forgot to do)

Today I was called stupid (Without words, I know when I am called stupid. Because I don't complain, because I don't say anything, doesn't mean I'm stupid, Just means you're stupid cos I cant be bothered to waste my precious time exchanging words that I know will make absolutely no sense to you)

Today I was called all sorts. I don't want to bother remembering.

Hard times are here and I cannot give in to worry.
I have a life ahead of me.
I have a dissertation ahead of me.
I have a project ahead of me.
I have a life ahead of me. I know I said that already.
Just goes to show that, that's all that really matters.

I am not one to worry, whatever happens, does so for a reason. I may not be able to decipher what it is, but I know there is one.

With that, I am taking a mini hiatus, or maybe a a maxi one. I am yet to find out.
I maybe a silent reader, or a loud one (ie via comments), but never fear blogger is still one click away.
If I could cut all ties with the world without dying, trust me I'll do so. But I shall try with the ties available to me i.e blogger, Facebook, messenger, and my phone (I don't get many calls, so its not a worry for me).

I love you all.
Never doubt that.
You most especially, you know who you are.
If you've ever thought otherwise, then you are highly mistaken.
A pity I cant change that right now.

26 Cogitations:

Duchess said...

furst!!!!!!!!!!!


yeah!!!


BRB!!!

Duchess said...

now, who is vexing you pweetty.....give me their names lemme go beal with them....pshew....

Pls, dnt let them bother you...some people are not worth your headache and toothache....times i feel like this...i just ignore them...cos i realise there was no need hurting mysef cos of them....ok?

Hiatus!!!....awwww...why???.....am missing you already......pls try to be a loud reader....can bear a silent you.

love you too hun!

O'Dee said...

"Hard times are here and I cannot give in to worry.
I have a life ahead of me.
I have a dissertation ahead of me.
I have a project ahead of me.
I have a life ahead of me."

It is expedient that we would be called names; people will always talk n try to put us down.

Deariee, stand strong with the strength of the almighty, n only believe who he says you are.

badderchic said...

I have this stoopid urge to sing.

Cant nobody take your pride
cant nobody hold u down
O No! you gasta keep on movin!

be strong love...their fada!

mizchif said...

lol@ badderchic, no be small their fada.

Sweedie, who is upsetting u ehn?
Pls don't mind dem o!

As for this hiatus, i surely will miss u, take ur time, do ur thing, but do make sure u come back soonest.

Woomie O! said...

You have to be talked about...you have to...that's how you know you're living life.
All that matters is...as others label you, ignore them...and find out who you really are...don't go out of your way to prove it...jsut make a mental note, that you know the real you...the one you're happy with. Whose loss???
Don't be sad...
and don't leave us for too long...
we've only just met.
*sniff* *sniff*

Invisible said...

Life's bigger than this. You will be called names for sure but as long as they are not names you answer to, move on. Don't let it bother you. It may weigh you down but like you said, you have things to do.
So? Move on with life, it's too short for things like this to make you not enjoy it.

aloted said...

Hmm people will always talk...let them say!!! As long as u know who you are then u are fine..

don't be gone for long o..and i hope u feel better soon

Yankeenaijababe said...

Exactly, don't listen to them. You are who you want to be and those names don't matter

If I count the number of times my family people called me names. I might be mental by now. Life is all about choices. You are who you are and those names will never be ur portion. Stay love.

Jennifer A. said...

There'll always be times like this. The question is: how do we deal with them when they come?

Buttercup said...

aww sweetie...

i knw its easier said than done, but DO NOT let anyone get u down...down aint where u shud be!

all the best wit ur dissertation.

be strong babe!

Black Man Comes said...

Give me the person's address, I got two hungry pitbulls.
But live your life o jare some people just hate youth. ENjoy your youth.

Tinu said...

I'm back!!1
wohooo..whats up?? i missed u guys ohh!!

rethots said...

...never doubted it.

badderchic said...

just checkin up on u babes.

Queen of My Castle said...

There seem to be a lot of bloggers taking breaks right now. I am not too far behind you.

Take care, do you, create you, and most of all...be you.

**XOXO**

-Q

Aphrodite said...

Awwwh darling...take it easy...

As per bad belle people, dont mind them jare.If i tell you the kind of names i have been called enh...you sef go pity me.

Don't let them get to you. Always remember no two people are the same, we are all unique in our own way and you can't please everyone.

Afolabi said...

what's up, focus on the things you want to do and bone all these pple that think they know you more than you know yourself.
Haven't seen ur flashlight on my blog for a while. With this hiatus, I hope your doing fine?

Lady said...

*i love you and i miss you* xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxxo

Anonymous said...

you know am ALWAYS here when you need me........
u never called on me and i dint ansa...YOU JUST NEVER CALLED AT ALL!!!!!!!! *SOB*
P.S:we need to renew our vows ooo!!!!!!!XOXO

Rita said...

Please don't go.

No matter what names you are called or you call yourself, they are not true unless you accept them.

Just remember, you are the apple of God's eyes [Zechariah 2:8] and He loves you with an everlasting (unfathomable?) love.

Take sometime to think about your name and imagine if it was God calling you by that name.

Anonymous said...

it happens.
we deal.
you will.

Tinu said...

madam is it not time to update...me i dont like this kind of thing oh!

FineBoy Agbero said...

mennnnn, dis one na serious vex o.
abeg, my sista, take am easy, ehn?

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, kate spade outlet online, chanel handbags, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, red bottom shoes, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store

oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, herve leger, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, ugg soldes, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, nike trainers, celine handbags, ghd, birkin bag, asics shoes, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, roshe run, rolex watches, ugg boots, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, ugg outlet