Obsession, madness, OCD???

So please, anyone care to explain any of these terms to be cos I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with me o.





Ok maybe not that there's something wrong...we all know ( actually let me rephrase that to I know) that I am a mega weirdo, so things I do dont phase me, but it kinda bothers other people. So basically I need an analysis of the following....dont judge me...just analyse.





Flossing:


I am very paranoid when it comes to food being stuck between my teeth. Not so much that the spinach has made my teeth green, but its the fact that I can feel it there thats the problem. I floss countless number of times in a day. I have my floss in every bag, so when I change bags, I don't worry about moving it about. I go crazy when I can't find it. My little ones once unrolled a pack that I had, and I absolutely went beserk. That wasnt funny mehn.



Keeping tidy:



I'm not a neat freak or anything but,



-My clothes have to be ironed. I love the look of ironed clothes in my wardrobe. I arrange them from the thinnest to widest, depending on how they've been folded, so I kinda get a pyramid shape.



-When arranging things, I have to see the 'front' where the name of the item is written. Even if its a bottle of bleach. The part that says 'Domestos thick bleach' is the part that faces me, not the back with the barcode....Oh hell no.

So if you take my stuff and return it, I still know when its been used. Especiallyif its been returned facing the wrong way!!! I kinda got this from my mother, who got it from her father. It runs in my family.....I know!!!!!!!!!!!





Pens:

Ok here's the penned bit as most of you cant see it.
-It has to be black
-It's always black
-It has to have a lid. If it hasnt got a lid, then the pen is useless to me.
If the lid has been lost, the pen might as well be lost.
-If its a click pen, then it obviously doesnt need a lid.
-It has to be ball point or anything close to it, if it isnt, forget it!!
-Yes, I am a freak, one of those that write their names when trying out a pen. I can stand in WHSmith or Ryman for over half an hour trying a pen. It needs to feel right. Both on my fingers and on paper. **You know, how you have to try clothes on before you buy? Yeah thats what it is**
-Pilfering- Maybe not so much of pilfering, but obtaining. If you are unfortunate enough to have pens that perfectly fit the above description in either your pencil case, office or home or where ever, then be rest assurred that I will obtain it.
Hence, I do not borrow pens, neither do I lend mine out, if I do, then I will wait till you're done and then collect it.

33 Cogitations:

Rita said...

Are you back for real?

The summary of the analyses: - mega normal...

Your handwriting is beautiful (or was it borrowed?)

I didnt see anyone here when I came so that means 1st here...

Enigma said...

Dang!!!!

You are a freak!! i wish i was so compulsive sometimes tho..

Your husband must/will have to be very understanding...!!

Lady said...

FRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

okay darling..UR FLOSSING??????/ ME I DNT GET OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!;LOLOLOL...
BUT I TOTALLY HAVE THE SAME ISSUE ABOUT THINGS FACING BACKWARDS!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!(gosh wot a thing t have in common eh?)
I COULDNT READ THE PART U PENNED OO..ITS TOO SMALL..
P.S: oya now come online..lets complet the 2 weeks old gist!!!! U R NOT AN EAGER LISTENER SEF..*HISS*
XOXOXOXOXXOXOXOOXOXOXXOOOOXXOXOOXO

archiwiz said...

Oh are you a tableteer too? Yippee, but I could not read what you wrote sha...


And that is normal ohh...Everyone has (or should have) some idiosyncracies.

Invisible said...

Flossing, I try to make an habit of so you're not alone. I don't freak out about it though.

Clothes in a pyramid from thinnest to widest??? OCD alert!!! lol. Hm, wait o, all my shirts face the same way and I hang my pants in the same way (opposite the direction the shirts are facing. Jeans and dress pants are seperate and casual and dress shirts are seperate also. Are we in the same boat??? OH GOD!!!

I couldn't read your ink 100%

NaijaScorpio said...

There's definitely some OCD traits there, but as long as they don't negatively impact ur daily life then u r cool.

Anonymous said...

ok i could barely read the penned bits, but
ARRANGING YOUR CLTHES IN A PYRAMID?????????
u are positively psycho.
you'd hate to live with me.

NaijaBabe said...

Rita- Yes I am....No one's moving me from here!!

Enigma-Ahn ahn, chill on a babe now...does it sound that bad?

koko...you!!!!!!!!! hmmm i'll leave my comment for msn.

archiwiz...thank you very much o jare

invisible...yes, same boat..

Sting, thank you o...im yet to find out if it affects me negatively

geisha...I have typed it up now

Invisible said...

No , I refuse to accept that we are in the same boat. I learnt that shirt thing from my dad. It's organization joo.
For me, it's plastic hangers and they have to be white. I threw out a bunch of hangers recently because they lost the were becoming pale. It's not OCD, it's organization, lol.

NaijaBabe said...

ahhhhh see you. Live in denial....We are in the same boat...end of story!!

Mz. Dee said...

lmao.. i hv lil compulsive disorders like that too!

Oh well.. every1 has sumn dat makez em unique..
but dang.. THE PEN!!
gurl.....................................i dunt even knw wat to say again..lol

Afrobabe said...

Having read this post I hereby invite you to be my room mate as I am the complete opposite..I loved ironed clothes…when someone else irons them..haven’t touched an iron this year…

I floss too, not out of neatness but cos I feel uncomfortable when anything gets stuck in my teeth, I have been known to rip a piece of thread from a bed sheet or something if I can’t find my floss!!!

emmalolu said...

JESUS CHRIST because of why...i tot i was crazy i made this girl take off her shoes once when she came into my house and she got mad and left 20mins later...
neways reading this blog i came to the conclusion that you are in fact as stated not a neat freak but a MEGA to the infinity power neat freak abbreviation (METTIPF)

NaijaBabe said...

MZ Dee..hmmm, the pen has been going on for a while...I wonder how I managed in Nigeria actually.

Afro...I do the bedsheet thing too o...ahh..thats just crazy.


Emmalolu...easy on me naw...haba!

archiwiz said...

Hey girl...In the html editor on blogger check for where it has s400 or s(and a number). Change it to s800 and see if it makes a difference.

mizchif said...

OCD Alert!!!!!

Ok sha, i'm kinda with u on the pens, except mine have to be blue, I can actually refuse to take notes if i don't have a blue pen, and they also have to pass the hand test. Absolutely no bic biros for me.Also, must have lids if they came with one. Never go into my mouth or anyone elses.
I'm also guilty of pilfering or nicking pens wherever i go.

And if i give you my pen/pencil & u dont return it, u r forever on my black list!

Abt flossing, i never do, i'mmore of a toothpick kinda girl.

Then i'm with afro on the ironing bit, i jus wonder what she wears to work tho.

mizchif said...

Just tried ur no & it is saying switched off!

NaijaBabe said...

Thanks archiwiz...I'll try that.

Mizchief...a girl after my own heart....amen to that sister! I also refuse to take notes if I dont have a pen...chei see madness. As for the phone, me I dont know...the stewpid network has issues.

Miss Az`ure said...

haha...definately a minor case of OCD. It's ok tho...we all have our moments.

Hunter girl said...

KKKKKKK, The cloths thing i can understand...the flossing thing is a bit funny..but dental hygene is necessary!!!...but the pens....babe..how far????...nah!!!LOL!!!!

On my side i cant stand hair that isnt attached to some part of a human being..i.e. hair in the bathroom, hair on soap, hair on the sink!!!! arrrrhhhhh...typing it makes me sick...it DRIVES ME CRAZY...we all have out per peeves...LOL

Anonymous said...

Hehe! I have so many anal things, that i forget which ones they are. I can't just read a document that's not formatted neatly - i have to format it first!! And i can't stand being in an overly tidy space. Feels too clinical and I get restless and have to untidy something or leave.
thx for the comment, and for popping by!

NaijaBabe said...

miss pearse- minor ?????? Ok i'll accept that

Hunter girl - the pens- rather weird, I know

Kplmx - clinical??? U must be a joker

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

I'm exactly the same with the pen thing, it's quite ridiculous, lol.

O'Dee said...

I'm just picking up flossing as I suffered from tooth decay 2 months ago.

ibiluv said...

this is hilarious

i always have gum and floss too
to take care of my breath and residue

i always know exactly how i placed stuff so when pple take my stuff- i know

cant stand dirt too

dont like to iron though

beautiful writing

love black too but biros work just fyne!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

were!!crazy girl!!u insane!!!lol

well me i was my hands all the time!!have hand sanitizer in my bag all d time!!have to wash my hand or use hand sanitizer after touching a door knob,public computer etc!!!

badderchic said...

you sound like someone I know...ME!

Buttercup said...

hehehehe...that was just funny..

obsession..not really..

madness..no..

OCD..uh, yea, kinda..

Anya Posh said...

maybe you are you're mad...just maybe. gurl, you're worse than me in this paranoia business. damn

Adekunle Shobowale said...

After reading each and every comment

i have come to the conclusion

Ya'll need professional help

lol.

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, kate spade outlet online, chanel handbags, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, red bottom shoes, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store

oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, herve leger, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, ugg soldes, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, nike trainers, celine handbags, ghd, birkin bag, asics shoes, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, roshe run, rolex watches, ugg boots, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, ugg outlet

oakleyses said...

moncler, timberland shoes, hollister, louis vuitton canada, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, louboutin, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, nike air max, converse, baseball bats, canada goose pas cher, ugg, canada goose, canada goose uk, moncler, supra shoes, ray ban, oakley, pandora jewelry, moncler, replica watches, links of london uk, hollister canada, hollister clothing, iphone 6 case, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose, parajumpers outlet, lancel, gucci, ralph lauren, swarovski uk, montre femme, pandora uk, air max, converse shoes, swarovski jewelry, karen millen, moncler, vans, uggs canada, moncler outlet, coach outlet, wedding dress, moncler