Violated!!!!

So I was jejely in my bed the other day, pretty much the whole day.

It was a sunday, nothing to do. I'd just seen Titanic for God knows how many times and I still cried, especially when the old couple were in their bed, hugging each other and ready for death!!! Ah, not only is that mad love but confidence and acceptance of the fact that they have lived their lives and are ready to go. Hmm, I'm not quite sure but I don't think I can be in that frame of mind for a while....I dare say its only the elderly that can have that frame of mind...any other person that tells me they are, is chatting shit as far as I'm concerned....I digress.

Yeah so I had managed to get a shower and make some curry at about 8pm when my friend called me and demanded that I come to her house. She'd been begging and she was on her way to pick another of my friends up so I had to get dressed and wait for her. Got into my track suit bottoms, t shirt and hoodie...(something befitting for the night I presumed).

We got there and they got down to their naija movies, of which I'm not a big fan of...so most of what I did was criticize the whole thing and rant on and on about the steeeewwwpid movie!!!

As my boredom increased I asked my friend if she had some garri for babes. She did.....(now thats my kinda host) plus she had groundnuts too...and I was good to go.

I got to the kitchen, put my garri in the bowl, with sugar and groundnuts and then halt! No water. Have I mentioned that I don't drink tap water? No? Well, I dont, so if you dont have bottled water, dont offer me water or anything that I have to mix with water, i.e ribena and the lot.

She came into the kitchen and was like ohhh sorry, but you can use tap water now!! I looked at her and shook my head, thinking, I cant have this conversation with you again. Then she opened the fridge and found a small bottle of vittel and was like oh here's some water...use this and if it isnt enough, you can get some from the kettle and use some ice.

I did exactly as she told me.....the whole process seemed long but mehn I was bent on getting some garri that evening. I mixed it all up and as I walked into the living room, I took one spoon of the garri and it just didnt feel right

Yes!!!!!!!! My tongue was burrrrrrrning, unfortunately, some of it found its way down my throat and my throat literally fried at the feeling. I screamed and said to her, What the f*** was in that bottle???

You know what she said??? She walked towards me and was like oh my God, I am so so sorry.

It was VODKA!!!!!!!!!!

Man I was pisssedddd. She then said that her housemate had emptied the water in the bottle and filled it with vodka cos she was going clubbing and didnt want to buy any drinks at the club. All she wanted to do was buy coke at the bar and mix it with her own vodka....CHEAPSKATE OSHI!!!!

Ok maybe not....sorry to say that, she is a student like me and she has every right to do as she pleases. But damn I was so pissed off.

I just went back to the sofa sat down, and shut my mouth. They carried on with their naija movie and I wasnt even in the frame of mind to criticize anymore. Not only had she ruined my perfect evening with a bowl of garri...she had given me alcohol in the most unthinkable of waysss....

*HISS*

For those that think I'm ranting and over reacting.....I'm allowed to cos I dont drink and cos I'M ALLOWED TO....PERIOD!!!!

To worsen the situation she then asked me if I was a recovering alcoholic, cos I was pissed off so much. I just kept quiet ( as I always do when I'm pissed) and laid my head down to sleep. I could have picked up my hoodie and left but that would have been a bit too dramatic.

LOL at some point I thot I was drunk cos I was thinking all sorts in my head but I wasnt actually doing any of them, so I put it down to paranoia, but considering I had just downed a bottle of vodka into my garri, I guess I was allowed to think and vex.

Psheeeew.

My first taste of alcohol and it just had to be with my garri....

Nonsense and ingredient!!!!!

45 Cogitations:

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

First !!!!!
Im on a roll this week
Lol I just had to laugh at your expierence
beats the time when my sister put sugar in the meat thinking it was salt
pu a whole new meaning to sweet and sour

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

hahahaha!!!!

Oh my, that is cracking me up. I mean sorry sha. No non-drinker should ever be assaulted with vodka when soaking their garri, especially garri and groundnut. Kai!!!

That think must have burnt your throat like holy ghost fire!!!! Question: does garri swell in vodka? lol!!!

Oh my....

Take care, babe.

Invisible said...

ROTFLMAO!!! I almost bursted out laughing in class. I wasn't sure what to expect but vodka and garri? lmao.
I can't even imagine that taste. Sorry I'm laughing but whew.

Invisible said...

I'm sorry, I've stopped. Hope she gave you some garri and g'nuts to take home as compensation sha? If she didn't, go collect it o.

Invisible said...

Haba, it cant be that bad now. Lol, oh sorry.

Invisible said...

I am paying attention o. You should see my notes. This iya is just yarning away jare and I have 3 hours to go. Kai.

Invisible said...

Yes o, it usually takes that long. All my classes are like that but we meet once a week so it's not too much torture. There's free coffee and snacks right outside the door, so that keeps us going a bit.

Invisible said...

Yeah, we get breaks every hour or so. Looks like I'm getting out early today too, sweeeet.
Oh, AA and BB are only concerned when it comes to playing naughty or nice. In general, I'm AB, a combination of both. I just gave you a little secret.
I'm at invisibleone@ymail.com

Black Berry said...

LOL!!

Ade Adeyemi said...

hilarious!...excellent!...it would have been dramatic if you'd left... oh dear! ...at least you know, you do have every right to be upset though, at least next time you'll just take your bottle the next time you go abi?, great story!

aloted said...

oh no! vodka and garri with groundnut kai!! omo i feel your pain o..pele..

so did u finish the garri? sorry i just had to ask...lol

Enigma said...

First time taking alchohol? wow!

Too bad it had to be with gaari and gnuts!

NaijaBabe said...

Miss DM....wow...sugar for salt??? lol, I did that once...mmight blog about it sometime.

SSD....I was assaulted...thank you very much. Traumatised to say the least. The garri did sweel eventually...I didnt wait around to see if it did tho.

Ade...thank you very much. I dont think I'd be visiting her often anymore...and if I do...there's def no eating nor drinking

Aloted...finish ke? I dumped it and spat out the rest of the first spoonful I took...

Enigma...yes it was...and as everyone's first time with alcohol isnt the best of experiences...mine wasnt far off either

Tigeress said...

lol! i dont drink so i can imagine how u must have felt.

LG said...

hohohohohohohohohohohohohoho
sowwy dear,
but was it with ijebu garri
(its harmless question o)
norrin do u sha *winks*

Rita said...

ROTFL...Vodka!!! Vodka with Garri...this is new...

Kai!...anytime you want to drink garri, u will remember this day...sorry oh!

archiwiz said...

Awwww.....pele ohh... Hmmmm...I would have been very dramatic and gotten up and left. You make your choices and I make mine....

exschoolnerd said...

ewwww!! it must have taste horrible..IYAMA

NaijaBabe said...

Tigeress...thank you very much. The one person that hasnt laughed at me.

Ig...hmm it wasnt...as per jand, it was one garri that they packaged for us...but in queens country, whichever garri u see...it is ijebu.

Rita...hmmm all this laughing, I swear to God, I didnt find it funny o.

Archiwiz...I know. I just thot I'd keep quiet and sleep. I think I still made my point that way, cos she kept asking me if I was ok.

Ex-school nerd...horrible is an understatment

badderchic said...

heheheheheheehheehehheheheeh

sorry, this is not a lavving matter. hehehehehe

Rebirth said...

lmao...... sorry dear, didnt mean to laugh... sorry
what a first time alcohol experience.
how did it taste with garri?
i dont drink tap water too and i wonder why some people think im forming when i say i dont, the truth is i react to it... sounds strange but thats me......

NoLimit said...

Gal you're so funny...eya pele!you cute innocent mouth was violated!
In a funny way at that! fancy drinking garri with alcohol(still chuckling!)

Femi B said...

lmao..this is too funny..Maybe i'll go try it ...vodka and gari...

seye said...

This post really got me laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, MY SIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Nonesense and ingeredient"!!!!!!!

"psheeeew"

How couldn't you smell the vodka before it entered your mouth??????

Oh, this is hilarious! You thought you were drunk because you were thinking about all sorts!!!!!!!!!!!
OH...MY...GOSH!

Mz. Dee said...

rotflmao!!

sweety pele o!!! but dis is teww funny!

Smaragd said...

rotflmao! and believe me when i say it's been long since i did that!

imagine getting addicted to garri and vodka...

OR

walking up to a bartender and asking for "Vodka with a sprinkling of G" lol

pele.

Anonymous said...

thats hilarious!!!!
pele sha.


geisha.song.

Afrobabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Afrobabe said...

wow...How many comments did invisible leave??? Ppl like that make me come last for no good reason...mcheeewwww..

ok, ok..I know I do it too...

Afrobabe said...

Nonsense and ingredient!!!!!

Lmao….did you drink the whole garri or was it that one spoon???

That combination sounds heavenly though, I think I’m gonna try it out…

lmao @ recovery alchoholic...

Afronuts said...

LMAO!!!

Garri & Vodka! What a yuuky combination.

I would have given anything to see the look on ur face when u swallowed that nasty combo! lol

flabby said...

haha!! lol- uve never tasted alcohol?? f'real?? not even communion wine or something?? wow!!

NaijaScorpio said...

That was mad funny, mehn. I burst out laughing and i was at work. Sorry sha.

Buttercup said...

titanic still puts me to tears every time i watch it!!

garri n groundnuts...mmmm...simply the best!!!!!

wow, the title of the post cudnt be more accurate..shit!

soweeeee!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Umm. I would loove to try it out. sounds divine. (LMAO). I so would have left, and told her exactly what I thought of her hosting abilities.

naijaleta said...

Vodka, garri and groundnut. Wicked!

I'm gonna try that combination one day.

Thanks for the recipe.

NaijaBabe said...

Badderchic...but you are laughing!!

Funms...People think its some sort of poshness...hmm maybe it is!

Nolimit...it was indeed violated.

Femi B...are you tryna take the piss??

Seye...I know it sounds stupid...but I didnt smell it...no idea why!

mz dee...amidst your laughter..I sense some sincerity in ur pele ...so I shall accept it

Afro...lol we were having a conversation..ma worry

See I'm tired of scrolling back and forth...all of you are allowed to laugh at me she ti gbo...your time shall come

pinkyandbrain said...

Why Do You Absolutely Hate Alcohol Like That Now...Was It Absolute Vodka Or Just Another Brand You Drowned With The Gayrium Sulphate?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ol' girl, shebi you don recover from the "assault"? I usually come here to listen to your Fela collection. I figured I should drop a note of concern, but walahi, I don tell everybody about this tory and na laff we just dey laff oh!

=)

NaijaBabe said...

Pinky....I dont even know...me that I didnt know it was alcohol will now know the name...o tie serious.

Hmm SD..you just came to torment me sha...ese, thank you

laspapi said...

My father did that once. Picked up a bottle of dry gin in the fridge and poured it into a bowl of garri.

My oldest sister had put a bottle of dry gin there, not thinking the pater would come in thirsty.

pele, n-babe. There's always something to smile at in situations like that.

mizchif said...

OMG!!! I can't stop laffing!
Vodka and garri! Shey if u know, u for just manage tap warra!

NaijaBabe said...

Laspapi...something to laugh about...well now,,,yeah but not when it happened.

Mizchief...you are laughing???

InCogNaija said...

Vodka with Garri? damn! i have yet to try that one. I can imagine the shock. lmao!

Afolabi said...

lol...garri & Vodka!! hahaa..I;m laughing with you, Naija babe, not at you o..