Stepping Out

I know this isn't anything new but I just thought I'd ask again. What is the point of cheating? This is from both parties I mean. As in most stories I've heard have been that the guy is the one stepping out, but really we know women do it too. But these days its ridiculous. Why be in a relationship when you are not 'in' it? I've heard NEWLY weds seeing others, talk less of those who have been married for more. A man that is about to be married, in less than a week or weeks is doing it, with no hopes of quitting once he gets hitched (even if getting married draws the line).

The other part is when the girl knows! As in, its bad enough that you know, its at the back of your mind, but then when things happen in your presence eg he receives a phone call from the wife, or he takes you along to do shopping for HER....doesn't that loosen up the tight knots in the head and make them feel bad? ARE THEY THAT STUPID?

Its really baffling. One thing I know I'd emphasize in my own relationship is, if you know feelings are starting to change, the best thing to do is TELL ME. Where I can fix it, I'll try and where not, then maybe we should go our separate ways. Why will I be in a relationship where the other party is not happy? Even if I am happy, knowing that he is not makes me unhappy as well. So why go through all that heartache? Why put myself through all that? I know its easier said than done, but I'm being practical and realistic. Or am I just being Naive?

I mean the stories I'm hearing these days are ridiculously stupid. Where friends are finding out that their friends are seeing their Aunt's husband or their cousin's husband or the likes...Why is that? What is there? Is it the thrill? The hide and seek? Or its still this materialism that is digging deep into our lives? Which one is it?

16 Cogitations:

juiceegal said...

First!!!!!!!!!

juiceegal said...

Its like cheatin is becoming rampant dese days,everywhere i turn pple are talkin bout cheatin,cheatin and more cheatin.
I cnt tell u why people cheat,evrybody has their reasons.But i feel u on emphasizin that the guy shld let u know when and if his feelings towards you change.

Anonymous said...

have cake, eat cake. worry about the diet later.

NaijaBabe said...

Juicee- As in, its too much!

Kmplx- Huh?♦

rethots said...

One word, our generation seems to have lost the COMMITMENT of relationships; where when you say 'yes', you look not around anymore. But, focus all your energy (time & resources) on making your relationship work.

....and NO, there is no perfect person out there but, together, they strive for the perfection they want in each other.

NaijaBabe said...

Very true indeed. Such a pity

Tigeress said...

eeemmm........really dont know what to say. Baffles me as well.

Anonymous said...

My thots exactly...if a man is not happy with me..pls let me know...dont cheat on me!!!cheating sucks

NaijaBabe said...

Tigeress- I see we are both in the place.

Pink Satin- Exactly

BSNC said...

Wonders they say shall never end. Like is it really worth it..

Anonymous said...

lol - sorry... cheating, and reasons why people cheat is essentially cos you want to have your cake and eat it to, and generally you worry about the diet later?

NaijaBabe said...

Oh right I see

Good Naija Girl said...

Preach, sister! Maybe I'm naive like you too but I agree with everything you said. I just don't understand infidelity.

NaijaBabe said...

GNG ...thank you o

oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, herve leger, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, ugg soldes, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, nike trainers, celine handbags, ghd, birkin bag, asics shoes, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, roshe run, rolex watches, ugg boots, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, ugg outlet

oakleyses said...

moncler, timberland shoes, hollister, louis vuitton canada, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, louboutin, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, nike air max, converse, baseball bats, canada goose pas cher, ugg, canada goose, canada goose uk, moncler, supra shoes, ray ban, oakley, pandora jewelry, moncler, replica watches, links of london uk, hollister canada, hollister clothing, iphone 6 case, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose, parajumpers outlet, lancel, gucci, ralph lauren, swarovski uk, montre femme, pandora uk, air max, converse shoes, swarovski jewelry, karen millen, moncler, vans, uggs canada, moncler outlet, coach outlet, wedding dress, moncler