2009 in a few words

Oh long overdue. I know

So since Juiceegals 'stock take' post, I thought I needed one too.

I don't do new year resolutions. I don't believe in them, more because I don't hold the means to make them happen, well this only applies to my own resolutions, I have lofty dreams. I have dreams and hopes and I can only pray that they come true. So anyways an account of this year.

I started this year with a big dream, to see the end of my degree. To some, it's not a big deal. To me it was as I had so many hurdles and hitches along the way, right up to weeks before. But now, I can only be thankful for getting to the end. It was worth the effort. I believe that, for me to have seen the end, God does have plans for me.

I started the year a happy person. Mid year saw the peak of this. You know like the movies, where halfway through is the climax. Yep! That's exactly how I was. All of a sudden, it all took a drastic turn downhill. The speed it all happened was overwhelming but they say when life throws you lemons, you make lemonade out of it. Rather, I chose to dwell on the sourness of these lemons. How I got out of it, I have no idea. But I'm glad I did.

Moving on, once again this year, I made new friends, mostly bloggers, a few random ones and got closer to already known ones. I must say that of all these, I can count a few that I'd still want to be acquainted with. Why? I've found that my view on people has made me become sort of a recluse. People are entirely different and unfortunately there are some differences that I can't deal with. I believe there are certain attitudes that I believe people should have. You know? those that go without saying. I find that many are fake and I can't deal with fake people. I can't deal with insensitive people. That's just me being naive, I'm sure there are worse but, I hope I don't have to deal with it all

This year, I planned on moving home. But as God will have it, plans change and as such, I've resorted to moving on with life here. When the time comes for me to head home, I surely will.

Every year, I pray to God for a better relationship with Him. I pray mostly for continuity in my faith. It's one thing to have faith, it's another to carry on with it. I've had so many downs and I must say the last few days have seen a sharp decline in my faith. I haven't said my prayers as I should and when I remember to, I don't. Tonight, as with many others, I will say special prayers, most especially for my faith, for me to build on it and be stronger than I am.

This time next year, I want to reflect on 2010 and still be thankful for progress made. I still have a long way to go and I still have one more hurdle to cross before I feel completeness in it's entirety. When that's done, life can truly begin for me and all other things will follow suit.

Some say what's the big deal with a new year? Isn't just another day? Surely it is, but it still marks 12 months since you last saw the 31st of December. So if anything, let's all be thankful

And That's my very undetailed recap of 2009. I wish you my blog family a very happy new year. Let's make 2010 another great year for ourselves




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


5 Cogitations:

Dark Neo said...

Congrats on the degree ... no be small thing!
That Last hurdle your talking about, does it have to do with bells ringing?.... Even if new year is just a day, I'd like to think this one marks a new decade!
Happy new year!

Myne said...

Congratulations on your degree and as you continue away from home, I wish you the best.

2010 is going to be def greater!!!

Good Naija Girl said...

Congrats on your accomplishments this year, namely finishing school. I have been there, thinking that I should give up on pursuing Biochem entirely. (I actually did give up, and studied something else, but I went back and finished it.)

I am wishing you bigger and better things in 2010!

And PS: fake folks suck! I just can't stand the fakery!

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, kate spade outlet online, chanel handbags, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, red bottom shoes, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store

oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, herve leger, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, ugg soldes, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, nike trainers, celine handbags, ghd, birkin bag, asics shoes, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, roshe run, rolex watches, ugg boots, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, ugg outlet