The light

It's bright
It's White
It blinds

From afar
A speck amongst millions
From within
A glow that lights millions

I feel the light today
Everyday!
I glow in the presence of light
My skin beams
My cheeks, rosy as they are
Alternate between the shades of glow and red

The light approaches
Closer and closer
It's on me, just me
And now, I'm the star of this show
It's the light of the show
It transcends beyond my person
There are no shadows

I take centre stage
As I am the star
And it is the light
So, it is my light




Written in one of my moments, just one moment. In the space of that moment. In the hopes that I'd read it to someone. I didn't and so it sat in the book, as with many others. But todsy, it's finally seen the light of day

I hope everyone has a bright week



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 Cogitations:

Myne said...

I loved the poem, I hope you still find someone to read or send it to. Hapy New Year dear.

NaijaBabe said...

Thanks darling

tunrayo said...

you can send to me :) i liked this poem...kinda gives hope that 'the light' will find me eventually.

...but does this mean i should stand still or should i meet it halfway?

Fabulo-la said...

yea..I agree with tunrayo. Should i stand still? or meet it halfway?

NaijaBabe said...

Tunrayo, Fabulola. I think standing still gives it a chance to pass you by. I'd say go for it