Hopelessly Romantic

Tis the season of love. Well on this side of my room. This is a mushy playlist inspired. Please see it as such.

Apparently, I'm a hopeless romantic, according to my friend. That's because I say 'aww' when she affirms that her dad has met her boyfriend.

What makes me hopeless, in my opinion, I have no idea. Other than the fact that I love being sung to. I'm not one for the grandiosely written stanzas or endless letters. I'd rather not have those. I'd love for 'us' to have 'our' song that would force a smile if he heard the busker cover it on the underground and cause him to drop a pound just because it brings me to the forefront of his mind for that split second. An added bonus would be if he could sing it. That's bliss for me. One would ask why I live in such delusion? That these men are hard to find. Well I want to believe that you can only be drawn to someone if you both have a common ground, if you share interests. I want this, if not more, to be our common ground. I guess this may mean that I might be single for a while, but I'm allowed to build dreams, live in them and imagine these may exist, someway, somehow.

I've seen boring marriages where I can see that there's love but there's no form of endearment. I dont want a boring man in that aspect. I don't want presents on every valentines day, I want holding hands to not be a figment of my imagination, nor a thing of our 'dating' days. I want to rub my husbands head and be able to tell by his reaction, at that moment, that there's something amiss or forsee a problem. I don't want a rigid man who thinks birthdays and anniversaries are all about cards and gifts. But that stroking my hair holds more water than a new handbag.

My list is endless but it shall stay in my head, where it makes more sense. On paper it sounds like the mind of a 14year old

I live in my own little bubble and thus oblivious of the fact that these are far fetched. I refuse to believe.

A bubble that confirms that I am indeed a hopeless romantic.

But hey, it's my dream, not yours


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

18 Cogitations:

Isabella said...

1st

Isabella said...

Yeah baby ... I'm ur new fan hahaha for ur mind babe! Let me go and read

Isabella said...

You sound like ME I'm a lil shocked I thought you were one of those people that don't do 'mushy mushy' love.

Anyways I can guarantee you that you can get what you want. My boyfriends sings and he sings to me too!

I rub his head and he kisses my forehead! hehehehe

Yes we do all the hand holding! Ask Miss B she was actually irritated by us at one point. Lol ...

Men like that are hard to find I think. They don't come all glittering but inside there hearts are like Gold something that should be looked after and cherished!

My man wants to make me happy by all means even though we argue a lot about small things because I do like to be treated like a princess.

Anyways I pray you get your guy and don't settle for less. Shine your eye well as they say ...

Aww I loved this, too cute! *hug*

NaijaBabe said...

Miss Fly High- Hehehe I wonder why I come across as one that isnt built for mushyness.

Azazel said...

lol e go better..
Showin love to thy blog

Anonymous said...

"...you can only be drawn to someone if you both....share interests." very well said. Very reason one cannot eventually say, 'how did i ever agree to have a relationship with him(her)?'

neuyogi said...

i believe in your dream

Black Man Comes said...

Not to worry, your wish list is not so far fetched. I think in the race to be married, people often forget what is important to them or discard it for securing that bling. Then when the wedding is done the problem starts. It is not umcommon to hear "I didnt know you were like this". Oh really. Be you, show you, anyone who doesnt fit will find their way out or be forced out.

If you hide it in your head, you run the risk of the unhappiness you see around you.

Black Man Comes said...

I am talking about relationships in general.

mizchif said...

iLike!

Don't worry, you are definitely not alone.

And this does seem kinda mushy for you #justsaying

NaijaBabe said...

Azazel- Thank you

Rethots- Very true

MPB- lol, thanks

Black man - Thanks, I totally get what you are saying

Mizchief- Why ooooo?? Why does it sound too mushy for me>?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

yup, a partner that is emotionally available and doesn't simply rely on gifts and the typical is crucial. Some guys just don't know, its not that they wouldn't want to do that for the woman they love and cherish. The fact that you know this is crucial to you will be helpful to the future Mr. Naijababe - as long as you let him know =)

Nice one babe!

LusciousRon said...

SS is on point here. But men like that are 1 in a million.

Myne said...

Men like that boku, you just have to let them know. Ask and you shall receive. I have first hand experience, LOL...

m2flex said...

Word!! To some people yes, it would seem like a delusion, but there is nothing wrong in wanting that. But i think it would be good to look for a guy or let him find you that is at least romantic and then you guys would learn these things together.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

madam, hurry back and update...

kaycast corporation said...

well i dont think ur demands are too high, i feel yhet are fare enough, but what you ladies must understand, is that the male folks gots need too, if u want to be happy, both of you would have to do a great job of making urselves happy.


You're doing a great job on ur blog i must commend, checked u out from the nigerian bloggers group on face book. I would like to be your friend, its always so cool to see people who are like you, can u please check out www.nigerian-youth.blogspot.com and tell me your honest opinion, what do u think its lacking. thanks.

Unknown said...

Dreams come true.


I like the way you write.