2 Months Sabbatical Leave...

...Has made me a different person.

Easily prone to worry and anger. That's who you become when you have less than six months left to finish the last lap of the beginning of your life...(whew that was a mouth full).

So...been gone for 2 months and things certainly haven't changed around here.
One of the reasons I started blogging was to release the thoughts in my head that I probably or most likely never shared with people, also, partly because no one knew who I was and partly because I wasn't allowed to take that English degree that I craved so much, I thought I'd take my writing somewhere else...or so I thought.

Till I started to meet and talk to people on blogger. It took a while to open up as I knew my blogging would suffer the consequences. Anyway, I took the plunge and I met quite a range of people.

I met the really sweet and mushy till it went a bit awol...I shall keep that part of my experience to myself..thank you very much.

I met the nice and talkative ones...gisting became a disease we found no cure for...till they decided to disappear off the face of blogger and the earth and that ended abruptly.

I met the snobbish and overtly condescending. I didn't think people with such combination existed, well I am snobbish but I don't think I am condescending, but then again I'm talking rubbish because they both mean absolutely the same thing.

I met the exceedingly hyper and friendly ones who make you believe that there are indeed people out there with so much energy in them that you can feel it in their words. They make you look like a slug half the time.

I met those whom, though write beautifully, are the worst set of people to converse with. It doesn't take long to figure out why those ones blog,

Then I met the shy ones, whom just like me, are very self confident on either blogger or msn, but in person are the meekest of souls ever.

And obviously comes the nasty ones are just outright NASTY! (Enough said).

Then again, I've met just 5 or so people over blogger, one in person. You'd wonder if all these applied per person or multiple attributes to one person or I dont count some people with the negative attitudes as those I know.

Obviously before or after meeting these people I began to pay great attention to other relationships over blogger and I realised that we all come to this online world to be one person or the other, to have friends, to relieve ourselves of stress or to just poke our noses in other people's business. Either way, I found interactions between alot of people to be very fake and pretentious. People did it to get recognised, or they just became friends so they could try out their new found personality. I found these quite bothersome and a bit too much to take.

But then life wasnt any different in the real world, in fact, probably even worse, so much so that I lost a few friends along the line, gained one or two, but who am I to judge their viability? How do I assess these people if I'd failed earlier? I became a recluse with no life, I pitied myself and blamed myself for being such a woeful judge of character, for being so gullible.

I then came to the realization that you cant stop the search for that person or those people that make you happy and bring out the best in you. The Yoruba have a saying that one hand doesn't wash itself clean, you need both. One man cannot be an island, neither can he make a nation.

However, I am not on a hunt for a friend, I am on a quest to find myself.
Maybe, I just might prove the saying wrong and make that nation.

I am back!!

30 Cogitations:

Anonymous said...

I feel you! Welcome back. I have realised that blogger is not any different than real life. Alliances are made and broken. Loves are lost and found again. C'est la vie. You can be an island, as long as you allow short term visitors to the island. That is my plan!

Tigeress said...

Welcome back! It's important to have trust worthy friends. As u're looking for a good friend- remember that you too have to be a good friend to that person.

As for making friends via blogger.com- personally i'm not one in support of it. I just feel there is no need. People i'm friends with on bloggers are those i knew before i started blogging.

Seduction Club said...

Welcome back, welcome back, welllcome baccccck.

Anonymous said...

Hey -- welcome back then... Hopefully, u'll not turn tail and flee again very soon.. LOL..

mizchif said...

Yes, yes, good to have u back.

You sha know u have to tell me which one is my category or else...

Abt ur post, well, human beings will always be......HUMAN, that's part of what makes life interesting.

Like you rightly said u're not out to look for friends, i think ur blog shd just be our outlet, ur very own place to express urself. Nuff said!

Invite coming shortly.

LG said...

welcome bac dear

wordsmith said...

hi welcome back, i really like your post, and the way it summarizes blogville

Re: can i get info on the olympic shirt, maybe they will do thanks :D

Anonymous said...

like temite said, bloggers are just people. as such, what obtains in real life follows also in the virtual.
welcome back btw

Anonymous said...

nice one... sometimes a break is good. facebook is another good one to break on! lolol!

rethots said...

Welcome to the "quest to find yourself." Nicely written.

You can't win them all, yet still, revel in the ones you win.

How you been?

Rebirth said...

welcome back...... i had similar feelings like urs and i decided to come back cuz like said you cant stop the search for that person or those people that make you happy and bring out the best in you.

Rebirth said...

MIZCHIF!!!!!!!!!! how dare u go private on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ beta send the invite asap....lol
how r u doing?

NaijaBabe said...

-Temite...Yay with the same plan, shall we share notes?? LOL

-Tigeress...True word, thanks for that.

-Danny...I apologise for making you feel bad, I guess you have no idea that I am random with things I say.

-Mizchief...I see a change of shoes...HMMM!!! You already know your category...left tory jo! How have you been, I've missed your gist o! Send that invitation ASAP. Its naijababe4u@googlemail.com.

-LG...Thnks

-Wordsmith, I sent it to your email, I hope it suffices.

-Geisha.song....thank you o jare.

-Kmplx...gosh i never remember how to spell this your alias...Yes, facebook is off limits for me now...2 weeks and counting!

-Rethots...I am doing good...exams and all. I did reply your rmail, I guess you don't check your email often.

Funms....good looking out, thanks

Afolabi said...

You know sometimes I hope that I do not give the wrong impression of myself on blogger, just from the things that I write. I mean I'm definitely not as articulate when I talk, as when I write.
Making and keeping freinds is something that's always been tough for me, sadly. But I think the problem's always being me finding it hard to be really personal with people and also sucking up to some others.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

wow, looks like your hiatus was tres exciting!

Good to see an update.

Take care.

Tinu said...

ahem u havent met me sha!! so u berra seek me out!

NaijaBabe said...

Mummy...hmm you lost me there o!

Tin tin...lol..I know (of) you though, well i know of your friends sha it wont be hard to seek you out lol....

Lady said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CHERIE AMORE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * encore***** BEAUTIFUL PIECE BEYBEY!!!!!!!!!!
am scared oo..i hope i didnt fall into the OUTRIGHT NASTY group...lolololol....OR THE SNOBS.........OR WORSE...the fake and pretentious!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS WUD JUST HURT MY SOUL!!!!!!!!!
P.S: WHAT SCORE OOOOOOOOOO?????????? UR THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN TOO BUSY TO HOLLA AT A BABE OOOO!!!!!!!!! *i've missed u sha...even if u havent missed me* *sob*
p.p.s: BUT REALLY OO WHAT SCORE AM WORRIED..... *bites fingerrrrs
p.p.s:EYAAAAAAA ITS UR FINAL LAP......u will be just fine okay!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOO

Lady said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BEYBEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and the funny thing is..i think bout YOU at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!like sumtimes i find maself saying "I CANT SHOUT FOR THEM OO....AS MY NAIJABABE WUD SAY"...and they'll be loking at me like "WHO IS UR NAIJABABE??" LOL OYA LETS SMOOCH AND MAKE UP..........if u dont knu....am one of the TRUSTWORTHY FRIENDS OOO...dnt lose me over this OOOOOOOOOO.....IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s: come online now...lets catch up........

Lady said...

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT????????????? SO U MEAN TO SAY...........u deleted me???????? DONT LIE OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! becos u r still on mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nawa iopooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! DID OUR WELL RUN THIS DRY???????????????? *deeply hurt ooooooooooo* *NEVER BEEN DUMOPED TILL TODAY*
p.s: IF U THINK U R GETTING ANY MORE KISSES...THINK AGAIN...find a way to fix it or we r SOOO OVER!!!!!!!!!!! *IT IS A THREAT* HISSSSSSSSSS

Lady said...

IT IS naijababe4u.....but i dont knu ur password sha..lolololololool........THIS IS TOO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Others have said what I wanted to say about how the online community really is just like real life so I'll just welcome you back and see what fun things you have to share with us!

Rita said...

Welcome back. I really like the honesty in your words. I hope all of it is not generally true otherwise I'd run away from blogville :-)

flabby said...

i dont know y u had to give that long story to announce ur return o!! *smile* iz bin long time.

Jaguda said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. interesting words

wellsbaba said...

awhhhh...anywais.im back o...

Afrobabe said...

Awww, glad to have u back babes...hope I am one of the friends you made here...

I promise to buy you a lolly pop if you say yes!!!

aloted said...

ekabo o..

one of the honest posts i have read lately...

got me thinking

NaijaBabe said...

GNG...Thanks

Rita....Don't make me scare you...there are nice people out there


Flabby me....free me o

Jaguda hmmm to you too

wellsbaba...kaabo o

Afrobabe...I'll have the lollipop thanks

aloted...thanks

Anonymous said...

kyrie shoes
bapesta shoes
golden goose sneaker
off white
kyrie shoes
golden goose
yeezy boost
jordans
ggdb sneakers
bape shirt