Nearly there.

The complexities of blogging.
Too many people know and it just stops the flow of that tap of thoughts.

So, I finished exams like a few weeks ago and I lazied about for a whole week. Bliss I tell you. Sleep is such a good thing. Now I'm home for the week till I go back to reality. Yes, project calls. I shall succeed...AMEN!!

Honestly, things happened and I just lost the flare for blogging, not that I dont have things to say, its just that it gets a bit too complicated and too many eyes!!

Oh I have something to say...yes, whats the new fashion of 19, 20 year olds getting married or having kids. Is it madness? as in they leave their education and become mothers. I'm not saying its a bad thing, I love kids, I live with kids so I know what its like to be a mother so to speak.

But is it just me or don't we all have it etched in our skulls that we have to finish all this education shibang and then settle down to marry or do whatever comes after? So why go half way through uni and whatnot, only to leave it for something else when we all know that especially in Nigeria, without your degree, you can't take a step forward without being set back 5 steps?

I'm confused, cos I have two friends who were like 3 years my junior at secondary school and they both have a child each, and another girl at uni dropped out after her first year to go and have a baby and I'm thinking wow? Has our thinking changed so much that we have become lax as women or as a society?

At least one of them is now married to the father of the child, so I'm guessing the point of the marriage was because she was already with child but still I can't but my head around it or am I being too hypocritical?

Anyway, so my music mood has shifted and lately these are the songs I've been listening to.
It started with him.....



Happy holidays people!

14 Cogitations:

mizchif said...

My dear, the marriage bug really has been bitting a lot of young'uns in the ass.
Or is it just foolishly getting preggers. I think the condom companies need to advertise more, i know they r making them more interesting these days, with all d glow in the dark, flavours, studs and what not, but i guess some ppl will always just be.......not smart(and that's just saying stupid, but in a nice way)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, what shall be said? To 'em that think marriage is the ultimate, i daresay, they are wrong. 'cos, if they have no self definition, marriage ain't going to do it for them.

...on pre- getting pregnant, maybe they want to help beat the population of China.

Compliments of the season.

Anonymous said...

Marriage is over-rated as far as am concerned. Dunno the statistics, but how many are happy, how many end badly? But then again, if a woman is bold enough to have a good and nice poke without protection, maybe we shld be proud of them for owning up and raising those children. Am not anti-abortion, but am anti-unsafe abortions(which there are kazillions of; especially here in Naija where abortion is illegal.) Am glad i discovered ur page girl!!! U keep it coming.

Jaguda said...

when it comes to love music and love making music teddy p is right up there. u gat good taste u know?

Zayzee said...

well, personnaly nothing wrong with gettng married early as long as she doesn't abandon her life goals. i find it hard respecting ladies who abandon their goals and live their husbands' lives. those are the types who lose it when a calamity befalls their husbands, Gd forbid.

get married, but dont get outta school. as women, aren't we trying to prove we can be wives, mothers, and career women at the same time?

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

my mum always said marriage is not an achievement anyone can get married even a fool can find another fool and marry but not every woman can get a successful education. I just think marriage will be so much better with more food on the table, and i guess its also a foolish man who doesnt encourage his wife to be to get a good education and ultimately a good job

NaijaBabe said...

Mizchief...lol, stupid in a nice way...true sha!

Rethots...No self definition is very right, I guess they have no priorities either.

Abujababe....Lol, maybe not overrated, cos alot of us do aspire to be married someday, but I do get where you are coming from...they just dont get it do they?

Badguy...I do love my oldies, they are always new with me.

Uzezi...thank you o...have we lost the dream?

Miss DM...bang on right! A foolish man indeed.

Jen Juma said...

Its the young celebrity influence (Spears, Palin) at least they are not aborting innocent babies.

As for marriage, I'm from the north and I have two female first-cousins (muslims) who married in secondary school. And my grandpa is a Reverend, they grew up in Bauchi so the culture they is land an older guy and marry before finishing your education. I don't envy these girls the slightest bit- we're currently in two different worlds.

Are these marriers Nigerian? I know many kids here in america that are engaged in sophomore year then get married junior year or after graduation.

I aspire to get married but until my education is done and I am independent (Just like my mum!)

Happy New Year in Advance!

NaijaBabe said...

Ladi, I do see your point view. I am a muslim too, however not hausa, so thankfully or not, I havent been subjected to that. There's nothing wrong in being engaged whilst at uni and getting married after, but I guess that only exists in the states for some reason. All 3 girls are nigerians, 2 are in naija inclusive of the one thats married and the other is here in the UK.

Black Man Comes said...

Happy New Year to you.

Mz. Dee said...

the whole marriage thing rily gets to me!! A friend of mine doesnt want to get married but she wants to get pregnant!!!

As in.. i dont gbadun this thing o.. I'll finish uni.. marry.. ennjoy my husband for a gud 2 yrz.. then have a child!

Happy new year!

Buttercup said...

i think it really isnt their CHOICE to do so..mistakes n circumstances cud have led to the marriages/child births..but then, who am i to say?

ooooohhhh teddy pendergrass..i love!

panoa said...

c3l87a9i91 e8y18p4v31 x6h85i7a51 a0e08d9y25 k7r94k5n77 n5j26r2k74

shetheson said...

j6r14c7x36 d5b28g6a94 o0w21v1k16 k4b75r7g75 t7u64w9y61 a3j99g9u12