~Happy New Date~

Yes, we are back at the top of the cycle, so I guess this is the point where I say Happy new cycle.

I am glad that myself and whoever is reading this has had the chance to see the beginning of this new cycle, and my prayer is that for even though we have seen the beginning of this one, may we see the end and the ends and beginnings of many more.
It is both sad and happy cos every new date makes a difference in my life and also marks the anniversary of the death of my cousin who passed away on a fateful new years day.

Now to the resolutions
I actually don't do resolutions, but at this stage, for some reason, I feel like I need to start making some targets for myself, cos I just do things and I have no idea what I expect for myself, under the premise that whatever comes is what's been ordained for me. I believe that's the healthier option isn't it?

1. I say this every year and I don't do much towards it, but I guess the more I say it, the more it becomes a part of me and I shall get into the habit of working towards it. I need a better relationship with God. He has been wonderful to me in indescribable ways and I haven't shown my appreciation like I should. I fear that If I keep up this behaviour, He may soon forget me. I don't want that, now nor at anytime in my life.

2. I need to stop caring. It's not what you think. Its more like I need to stop caring so much that it starts to veer on the edge of stalking/bugging/Nagging...e.t.c
I've started to get hints that I can be quite bothersome and people have started to avoid me. Their loss or mine? I don't know, but I'd rather avoid having to think of it even if its true or not.

3. I need to map out my life. What am I doing with myself. People ask me what I want to do after uni and I have no idea. When do you want to get married, how many kids do you want to have? I don't know. Am I wrong in letting God take control of my life, in taking each day as it comes? But then again, they say if you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail. Lord help me!!!

4. I need to curb the sarcasm. SERIOUSLY! It seems to be getting me into trouble. Ok maybe not trouble, but once again, this, coupled with number 2 isn't getting me what I want. People just don't get me. Agreed they may be slow cos they don't get what I'm talking about, but then even when I just meet people, I'm myself i.e overtly sarcastic and once again its beginning to border on ANNOYING or so I think.

Ok, so I think thats it.

Right, honestly, I'm doing this cos I've lost the best gist buddy I ever had and even though he refuses to admit it, I'm sure this is part of the reason why he ran away. Even though I never admit it, I do miss you.

Either way, friends or not, I've got family and I've got LIFE!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

Have a wonderful day and year,
Make the most of your year
Achieve greatness or at the very least,
Figure out the road to your great achievements,
Be the best that you can,
Most of all BE GOOD.

Much Love.
*Insert* New year hugs and sloppy kisses*

And here is another classic for you...

22 Cogitations:

mizchif said...

Happy Nu yr love.

Goodluck with ur goals for the year!

Anonymous said...

hey.. happy new year..... like the looks of your resolutions - simple and concise.. Good luck in chasing them..... maybe its the time of year but loads of ppl seem to be tryinng to get all tight and kosher with God.. Great too...... Njoy the year......

Buttercup said...

i seem to be the only one that doesnt bother with resolutions..

all the best with urs babe and have a happy, successful '09!!!!!!!

Parakeet said...

Loved that video...but I cant seem to tell if the singer is a man or a woman.

Anyways happy new year to you and may all ur resolutions and targets be achieved. Have a bright year.

NaijaBabe said...

Mizchief..thank you and you too..

Danny...for some reason your alias sounds like you're a character out of Entourage...hmm RANDOM! But yeah true, I guess the time everyone realises there is someone to be thankful to for seeing a new year....its a cycle, we all do it every year.

Buttercup, I never did resolutions either.. I found it a bit too fake, infact I'd started on mine before the new year so technically it may not be one but anyhoo, its something to work on.

Parakeet, you are funny o! Its a woman, and her name is Nina simone.
Thanks, have a good one too

Anonymous said...

@NaijaBabe.. Danny Bagucci is actually a totally random name I came up with as my Football Manager moniker when i first started playing with Championship Manager 01/02....Found out Bagucci is an italian municipality eventually.. so much for a totally random name...

NaijaBabe said...

It does sound Italian-ish...totally RANDOM I agree...

Omo calabar. said...

Happy blessed new year. Wish all the best.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I hope you accomplish all your resolutions and retain your optimistic nature.

I've got to improve my relationship with God too, exactly for the reasons you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

one word, 'Happy New Year', Oops, seems like 'tis more than one. Anyway,..........don't even think it, 'twas noted "how many kids...to have?" Well, i'll subscribe to 12 but, knowing you'll shout ha, a middle ground of 8 is pretty fair.

Have a delightful year.

NaijaBabe said...

Omo Calabar, Thank you

GNG...good to hear from you, I hope you have a good one too.

Rethots..Man proposes God disposes...I shlll not make that choice for my self. If the man above wills for me to have the, then he shall provide...
I hope you have a good one too

Virgos Lounge said...

it was reallly nice to see you commented on our blog cos im a big fan of urs...yaayy...xoxo

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

happy new year!

Anonymous said...

You and me both on number 4. Everybodi always understand the opposite of what I am getting at. Long time friends dont mine it, they say its just me been me. Its all eggshells.

Anonymous said...

ummm, cycle? Sounds too menstrual...but years is better LMAO

anyways, happy new years to you gal, and hope that you stick to the resolutions..

my big resolutions is to not let any ANY man get to my mind...and upset my soul/heart...

Anonymous said...

Nice page; beautiful (oldish) video of Nina Simone. aarms one up in frost-laden England

Anonymous said...

aarms should be warms - oops!

Afrobabe said...

Happy new year darling..been a lonnnggggggggg while..

lol @ bugging people...well, they say a problem known is a problem half solved...

Yankeenaijababe said...

Happy New Year 2009...hope you doing great.

Afolabi said...

yay..Nina Simone..she's wonderful! Yeah sarcasm just needs to be curbed, it's like one does it to transfer ones aggression or discontent on others.

yanmaneee said...

moncler
kyrie 4
kd shoes
yeezy 350
yeezy boost 350 v2
moncler
moncler outlet
off white shoes
kevin durant shoes
jordan shoes

Unknown said...

plus d'informations Dior Dolabuy ancre sacs de répliques de Chine mon site répliques de sacs de haute qualité